Thursday, September 15, 2011

Vintage Lamp Makeover

I have a lamp that used to sit in my Great-Grandma's house. I love it even more because I remember it there. What I don't love is the colors. So I decided to spray paint it a glossy white and re-wire it.

I was inspired by this lamp at Honey & Fitz:



Here is my lamp with the wiring removed, ready to paint:

And here is the paint I used:
But you'll have to wait for the finished lamp...I had trouble putting it back together! The new wiring was easy, but I have a gap in the construction that is making it wobbly! I also covered a new shade with a vintage tablecloth and can't wait to show you it all put together. I'll also tell you how I liked the paint.

If you look close in the above picture you can see a preview of what it will look like.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you!