Friday, January 6, 2012

Shoe Dilemma

I've been dreaming about blue wedding shoes almost since BL and I started dating. for some reason, I just love the idea of some bright blue peeking out from under my wedding gown. Here are some pictures to show you what I mean (all pictures found on Pinterest):
source not known

source not known

style me pretty

style me pretty


When I saw these shoes on BHLDN.com I thought I had found "the ones"


Why?
  1. They are the "right" blue
  2. They are low heeled
  3. I love peep toe sling-backs
But.... they were $280!!! there was no way I was going to spend that much money on a pair of shoes. Not a problem, I'll just search out another pair for a more affordable price:
These are from 6pm.com
But I wasn't having much luck finding wedding worthy shoes. There are lots of flats in teal and turquoise, but nothing in the electric blue shade I'm searching for. And nothing that seemed dressy enough. Here are some perfectly wedding worthy shoes, but the heels on these babies are waaaay too high.






So when my dream shoes went on sale for $160 I was caught off guard. Am I willing to pay $160 for shoes for my once in a lifetime wedding day? Are they really what I want? What would you do?
buy the expensive ones? or wait and hope to find something just as good for half the price?

5 comments:

  1. Suzanna, I would get the shoes! Maybe think about making it appoint to wear them every year on your anniversary or some other tradition to make them more special and worthwhile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buy the expensive ones! You are worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ones with the flowers on the heel too, but they don't look like they would be comfortable. BUY THE SHOES!!! They will probably be the cheapest thing you wear. I like the idea of wearing them on your anniversary every year. Hell, I would wear them everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In this color, any model is wonderful!...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you!