Wednesday, May 4, 2011

From the Nester: How to Edit a Room

In a closet in my apartment is a huge box with lots of decorative accessories and things that I can't seem to part with. Yet, sitting on the flat surfaces and hanging on the walls of my apartment are things I also love. Every now and then I'll look around and say, I need to pairdown, I have tooo much stuff. But I keep most of it because I think I'm going to use it at some point.

I'm a big fan of The Nester. Her blog is one of the first decorating blogs I added to my reader. Her philosophy is that you don't have to follow all the decorating rules to make your house beautiful, that you don't have to get it perfect to enjoy it, and that if you should decorate how you want to decorate. I love that!

One of her recent posts made me think I might need to keep that box of accessories. Take a look at her advice on how to edit a room.

These photos are from The Nester.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you!