Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Addison's and the owner of Shabby Apple

from Oprah.com

Shabby Apple is a clothing company that I've known about for awhile, but just recently I found out that the founder of the company, Athelia Lesueur, has Addison's disease. It's pretty cool to see others with this disease who are living life well and fully. Shabby Apple's philosophy:
A return to what dresses were always meant to be — a one-piece outfit. No need to add anything...no tank tops, no cardigans, nothing (except accessories, of course!).
Pretty cool, I think. Also interesting about Shabby Apple, Athelia is a Mormon and therefore all of the dresses they sell have sleeves on them. The company doesn't advertise as being LDS or Mormon, but I was not surprised to find out that connection. I have nothing against wearing sleeveless clothing, however I can identify with the simplicity of a dress that doesn't need other things to make it complete. I also like that their dresses are longer, making them more comfortable and modest.

Here is a video that tells Althelia's story:




Just for fun, here are my favorite Shabby Apple dresses (you can find them all on shabbyapple.com )










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you!