Monday, June 25, 2007

Monday

This is the second week for my temp job at the law department at the city. They are interviewing for a paralegal, so hopefully they won't need me for much longer. I'm really glad that I'm working, but I don't enjoy working there. The attorney's are nice, however they can be a little intense (which comes with their job I guess). I just can't really do the work they need me to do, and it's frustrating to sit and do nothing all day. I actually don't mind not having anything to do, except when the attorney's there. She is always walking by my desk and I feel like she is giving me shrewd looks judging me because I'm not busy with work. But I've organized the whole office, washed all of the shelves and desk surfaces, alphabetized the binders, straitened the filing cabinets. After doing all of that I can't come up with anything else I can do on my own. And when I ask them if they'd like me to do anything, they get impatient with me. But I've realized it's not my fault the phone never rings or that I don't have outlook so I can't keep their schedules, or that they don't give me work to do.

So today the attorney left the office for the afternoon and the assistant attorney told me to surf the internet or something! lol. I must have played solitaire at least 25 times. It was nice. : ) luckily I also had a book with me today so I read and did internet stuff too. I feel guilty for sitting there and doing nothing, but they want me there to answer the phones and take messages for them when they're not there--- so I need to just relax...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear from you!